Monday 11 May 2015

[VIEWPOINT]: Port Harcourt's Next rated artistes.

bravotns.com


In the past couple of weeks, I have read how Radio OAPs have been slamming Port Harcourt based artistes front, right & centre which is quite sad.
Artistes down south really have to do more, I totally agree and it got me thinking, If we assume that this generation of artistes in Port Harcourt are “Lazy” (which does not go for everyone, of course there are exceptions) and choose to look beyond them, what do we really have on the come-up? That is where I started working through Port Harcourt internet, asking questions, I must say I wasn’t really disappointed at what I arrived at. There is indeed a bright light at the end of the tunnel, I discovered a few budding artistes bubbling under the surface waiting to erupt and I have compiled them for you. This list is by no means exhaustive as there is only so much I could cover and please note that this is strictly MY OPINION.

 PI PIEGO

bravotns.com


 His name might/ might not ring a bell but his voice would sure do, having a done quite a number of collaborations with Knowledge. He did the hooks on ‘Tombo music’ and ‘Bole & Fish’ along with a couple collaborations with various artistes. He has released a couple of songs earlier like’Ometone’, ‘Mr. Preacher’ & most recently ‘Biko’ which I wasted no time in picking as my Song of The Week two weeks back. I think he is finally ready to break off the shadows and carve out his own niche (hasn’t he really paid his dues?) and with everything right, I tip him for big things. This kid came locked & loaded and you should sleep on him at your own risk! 



3NITY 

bravotns.com



This is one guy you should also be on the lookout for. Not too many collaborations that I know of but his songs ‘wonder’ and most recently ‘Lele’ are not mere ‘write-offs’. What this guy may lack in music making, he makes up with his branding; he has a way of always turning up in your face – from events to his eye catching ‘Lele’ video which featured Fortune. Be sure to keep not just an ear but an eye on this fella, well he is such an eye-catcher, you just can’t miss him and that’s one feature too many; one lacking around here.

 Download 3nity lele 



JUSTIN MUZIK 



bravotns.com



Yeah that’s his name. Before I knew this guy as an artiste, we had met when he came around looking for a job; the next time we met, he was walking into my office with a CD. I didn’t quite take him seriously as I thought it was just another guy seeking a meal ticket in this sacred art of ours, aren’t there too many of them already? Long story short, I couldn’t believe my ears when I pressed ‘Play’ on his song ‘Bottom Belle’ – what a voice! What a song!! I must admit I’m not big on gospel but his songs got me all religious driving to work every other morning. He has another song ‘Pour Like Rain’, quite spiritual! This one would give Preye a good run for his money, trust me!


 Download Justn Music Bottom belle

Download Justin Music Pour Like Rain 



SUNI (pronounced /Sunny/)


bravotns.com


 I was in the crowd at Uniport when he got on stage to compete at The Coke Studio Africa, the moment he started singing I knew he was going to win it and he went ahead to. I’m not a Psychic but I know talent when I see it and this is one it’s very raw form. A couple of months later, I saw a song with his name making rounds on the internet, it was a cover of John Legend’s ‘All of Me’. I heard a lot of covers of that particular song but none of them got me like this one, from his voice, storyline, choice of words down to his chorus, it was epic! Suni would grab this game to a chokehold and when that happens, I would be in the frontrow! 

Download Suni All of Me {cover} 


Compiled by Valo @thisisvalo.
NB Valo is the Head of Music at Cool Fm, Wazobia Fm, Nigeria Info Fm Port Harcourt.

Related Posts

[VIEWPOINT]: Port Harcourt's Next rated artistes.
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.